Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Second time in the Winner's Circle

I got the email yesterday that Mae was chosen as a finalist for the Good Morning Texas costume contest…AGAIN! She was chosen last year when I made her cupcake costume. She was super cute in that costume! This year she is wearing a Cotton Candy costume. She’s a fluffy sea of pink! The contest is open to those who do homemade costumes for their children.

For me it’s a no brainer to make my daughter’s Halloween costume. We’ve been having Halloween Parties for quite some time, and every year Ashton and I have made our costumes. Before we had Mae I would even make my dog’s Halloween Costumes. I might be a little crazy, but I love making costumes. Growing up I don’t recall ever having a store bought costume. How boring is that!?! I love the idea of creating something that is all your own. I can only hope that Mae will always allow me to make her costumes rather than grab one off of the rack!
This week we are scheduled to take Mae to the Star – Telegram office for a photo shoot and interview and then next week Mae and I will appear on Good Morning Texas to model and explain her outfit. So, set your DVR or Tivo and check Miss Mae out on Thursday, October 29th. Good Morning Texas comes on Channel 8 at 9am. I will post a link to the broadcast some time after the show. Also, check out the October 29th addition of the Star-Telegram for her photo! Wish her luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment